Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Condon, Lomakin, Larger and Burnell. Wuebker and Elshoff were excused with a motion by Burnell. Second by Condon. Also, present were Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Chief Skinner and Village Administrator Richter. Mayor Parker was absent.
President of Council Larger presided over meeting.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from Evening Leader, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News, Erin Gardner from Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the May 23, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Burnell. Four ayes.
Amendments for tonight’s agenda, Ordinance 2022-06-18 will be first reading to award sludge removal project and executive session will be removed. A special meeting will be held Wednesday, June 15 at 6:30 to award sludge removal project and executive session for property.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Councilman Larger announced next summer concert is July 10. Thanks to all who came out Sunday night to support the vendors and concert during the stormy weather.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Electric costs are up ~8.75% over same time last year. With AMP’s contracts and multiple supply chain options this has kept the increase where it is, compared to AES Ohio’s recent increase of 120% for supply charge ($0.048 to $0.109 per kWh).
- Drainage tile collapsed at Kettler Rd and SR 274 in the Right-Of-Way causing sink holes on Kettler Rd. ODOT no longer repairs tiles in their Right-Of-Way, will only provide components. The Village must repair and share cost with German Township.
- Milling of the Library Parking lot, Front St. next to Library, Lock One Parking lot and in front of the Fire Department occurred this week. Paving will include Bremenfest Park entrance widening too.
- Water Well #2 responded favorably to cleaning, performance went from 36 gpm to 156 gpm. Planning on cleaning Hehr Farm well #9 & #10 next.
- Bid opening was June 6 for waste water plant lagoon sledge removal. Three bids were received. Lowest bid was on Synagro Central at $572,200.
- Pool opened May 27th. Pool liner tore at an inside corner at deep end. Patched twice but continues to tear. Heater had a defective pressure switch at start up. Trying to get part but no stock. Running heater during the day.
- ODOT SR 274 closure with Detour – Scheduled to start June 27th. Planned for 60 days.
- State Route 274 Curbs/gutters project estimate is $300,000. Plan to advertise in 2022 and award late 2022.
- New Waterline from Herman St. to North Water Tower project estimate is $375,000. Plan to advertise in 2022 and award in 2023.
- Replaced the 8 backup 12V battery sets in tornado sirens for $6,116.48. Battery chargers were checked, determined that 5 of the chargers need replaced per Federal Signal’s support ASAP due to their low voltage output. This will cost $5,655.00 including installation.
To provide for prudent management of all public funds and grow assets of the village. Currently, village funds are held at local banks, Funds not currently needed for daily transactions is held at Star Ohio.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-06-16 Establish Investment Policy
Sunshine Law training is needed by elected officials during each term. There is an option to appoint a designee for the training. Village Fiscal Officer will be designee for public records and sunshine law training.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-06-17 Designate Village Fiscal Officer as Pubic Records and Sunshine Law training designee for mayor and village council.
The leaf machine tank radiator transmission cooler broke internally transferring water to the transmission. Discussed purchasing refurbished 2004 Freightliner dual steer chassis with 63,050 miles for $121,000 with no warranty. 2021 Freightliner dual steer chassis with 5,670 miles for $195,000. Price includes $15,000 for trade-in. Budgeted $170,000 for the purchase.
First Reading Resolution 2022-06-05 Purchase Xtreme Vac Freightliner M2-106 Dual Chassis Leaf Truck for $195,000.
June 6 was bid opening for Wastewater Treatment Lagoon Sludge Removal Project. Three bids were received for sludge removal, dewatering, transport and dispose of 580 dry ton. Lowest bid of $572,200 was from Synagro Central LLC from Baltimore, MD. The other two bids amounts were $666,400 and $1,289,100. Mid-July is projected start date.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-06-18 Award Wastewater Treatment Plant Lagoon Sludge Removal Project to Synagro Central LLC at $572,200.
The Village’s property, vehicle and equipment insurance renews on July 1. Stolly Insurance received renewal of $70,557 for 2022, 2021 was $68,580. Will be meeting with Stolly to review renewal.
Second Reading Resolution 2022-05-04 Annual Property, Vehicle and Equipment Insurance renewal.
Lomakin made a motion to adjourn at 6:45 p.m. Second by Condon. Four ayes.