Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin and Wuebker. Kuck was excused with a motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Village Administrator Richter and Chief Skinner.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Erin Gardner from Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the October 11, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Wuebker. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for October in the amount of $930,637.13 and total receipts for September were $1,190,170.30; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for September. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Trick or Treat will be Sunday, Oct 31. Beginning at Pavilion with Cider Time, arrive at 1:00, parade begins at 1:30. Trick or Treat will follow Cider Time from 3:30-5:30pm.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Buehler Asphalt Paving Inc has completed paving. Asphalt preserver has been put down. Gutter cracks need sealed.
- Canal Cleanup grant project has been started by Schmiesing Tree Service.
- Fire Station Driveway concrete was poured on 10/5/21. Will be able to drive on 10/25/2021.
- Production water well pump testing scheduled for Nov 15, 2021.
- South water tower has been cleaned and sealed.
- Waste Water Plant Ohio EPA Draft 5 year permit – replacement blower is on order.
- Jefferson St Reconstruction (OPWC project) will advertise bids on Nov 11, 2021 with bid opening Dec 02, 2021. Construction to begin spring of 2022.
- Requested quotes for ball diamond changes at Bremenfest Park.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-10-27 Authorize sale of personal property on GovDeals.com for 2022.
Bunker Hill Industrial Park, Lot 23 Parcel C10-400-024-00 to be transferred to Community Improvement Corporation of New Bremen to sell for development.
Second Reading Ordinance 2021-10-25 Transfer from Village of New Bremen to Community Improvement Corp Lot 23 Bunker Hill Industrial Park.
Board of County Commissioners approved annexing 9.15 acres currently in German Township. Properties are located between Minster Bank and Dollar General on State Route 66.
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-09-22 Annexing property in German Township; Craig Schnelle, Patricia Sharp and Susan Wissman, containing 9.15 acres. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Komminsk Property farm lease bid opening for year 2022 was on Sept 20, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Four bids were received. Highest bid was Topp Farms LLC at $42,250.
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-09-23 Contract lease of Komminsk Farm land for 2022. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Fives ayes.
Larger made a motion at 6:44 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Kronenberger. Came out at 6:58 with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:58 p.m. Second by Wuebker. Five ayes.