Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin and Wuebker. Kuck was excused with a motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Village Administrator Richter and Chief Skinner.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Sandy Schwieterman from The Sidney Daily News, Erin Gardner from Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the August 23, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Wuebker. Five ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for August were $2,037.
- When using the Recycling Center, please pick up any items that you may drop, to keep items from blowing around onto other properties.
- Christmas Tree Lighting will be Nov 29 at 6:00p.m.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Buehler Asphalt Paving Inc will begin paving week of Sept 13.
- Fire Station driveway replacement is planned to begin Sept 20.
- Waste Water Plant Ohio EPA Draft 5 year permit – Met with EPA on 8/26/2021. EPA will update draft permit and issue another 30-day comment period before the permit will become final.
- Advertised rental of Komminsk Farm Land for 2022 season. Bids will be opened at 10:00 am September 20 at the Village office.
Mescher Properties LLC has petitioned a setback variance on Lot 10 in Bunker Hill Industrial Park from 75 ft. to 50 ft. to allow for a larger turn around area. A Planning Commission hearing was held on August 19. Neighboring property owners were in favor of allowing the variance.
Second Reading Ordinance 2021-08-21 Allow setback variance Mescher Properties LLC for Lot 10 Bunker Hill Industrial Park.
Due to the expected cost of Ohio EPA recommended improvements to Waste Water Plant, a Sewer Capital Reserve fund will be established. Purchases from the fund must be used by 2031.
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-08-18 Establish Sewer Capital Fund for future capital expenditures. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Five ayes.
The Village participates in certain programs, partnerships and task forces that may result in asset forfeiture funds being distributed to the Village.
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-08-19 Establish Special Revenue Fund for Asset Forfeitures. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:43 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.