Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Kuck, Kronenberger and Lomakin. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner. Councilman Larger, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke attended via Zoom.
Visitors attending by Zoom were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the March 23, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Kuck. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines fees and forfeitures for March totaled $1,320.
- Met with employees from Public Works and Electric Department to ensure them employee safety and health is first priority.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Franklin Ash St Reconstruction – Tom’s Construction was off 1 week due to COVID-19. All underground infrastructure is complete. Will begin cutting down sidewalk and street.
- North Substation – Vaughn was off 1 week due to COVID-19. Transmission line is complete.
- Reviewing shelter house fees and agreements.
- Received a letter from Doug Reinhart, 2021 OPWC funds will be $233,000. In the past we have used funds for resurfacing and will need to contribute local funds.
- Bid opening for 274 Widening Project was April 13. Lowest bid was from Tom’s Construction for $583,690. Grant monies for the project are approximately $475,000.
- Pool heater should deliver the beginning of May.
- Dicke’s Landscape has started the landscape project at the library.
- Postponed spring clean-up due to garage sales being postponed.
- Autmow, robotic mower, is being tested on Diamond 1 in Bremenfest Park.
Bid opening for the 274 Turn Lane Project was April 13, 5 bids were received. Choice One reviewed the bids. Tom’s Construction was the lowest bid at $583,690.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-04-06 Award 274 Turn Lane Project to Tom’s Construction in the amount of $583,690. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Discussed COVID-19 Employee Policy regarding Families First Coronavirus Response Act, includes Emergency Paid Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act and Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act. Leaves are effective April 2, 2020 and expire December 31, 2020.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2020-04-07 COVID-19 Employee Policy. Motion by Burnell. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2020-03-04 Anthem SOCA Medical Insurance renewal effective May 1, 2020. Motion by Kuck. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Discussed monthly medical insurance premium. Currently the village pays 95% of premium and employees pay 5%. This percentage was set in December 2015. Municipalities in the area are at 90/10, 80/20 or 85/15 split. Discussed how changing to 90% village and 10% employee would affect employees pay after taking the 2020 3% wage increase into consideration. Will have this information available at the April 27 meeting.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-04-08 Medical Insurance premium cost 90% village and 10% employee. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:03 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Kuck. Six ayes. Speelman, Dicke and Skinner were excused. Came out of executive session at 8:45 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 8:46 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.