Frequently Asked Questions in New Bremen

Looking for something but having trouble finding it? These frequently asked questions might be just what you’re looking for — take a look!

You’ll need a permit for things such as fences, patios, pools, home additions, sidewalks, storage sheds, signs and so on. You can download a permit on our permits and forms page.

Fences in rear and side yards cannot exceed 6 feet in height. Fences must be constructed in such a way as to not go past the front wall of a residential structure. On corner lots and front yards, fences, walls or hedges that obstruct visibility may not exceed 2½ feet in height.

For more information, see the New Bremen Code of Ordinance.

Garage doors may not exceed 8 ½ feet in height.

Reservations for a shelter house may be made online. For instructions on how to do so, visit the Shelter House page.

Reservations for the swimming pool may be made by calling the pool directly. For more information, visit our Pool page.

In order to reserve a shelter house or the pool, you’ll need to provide an insurance “Certificate of Liability.” Insurance is required to reduce the risk to the Village of New Bremen.

The splash pad is open 8am-8pm daily in season (May through September, as weather permits). See the Parks page for more information.

Sign up can be completed at the village office.

Are you new in town or getting ready to make the move? Find helpful resources in our guide, Moving to Our Community.

Yard waste is picked up on Mondays as the schedule permits. For more on yard waste, trash pickup and recycling services, visit Refuse and Recycling.

All activities and events are posted on the village calendar. You can discover all these events and more by exploring our online events calendar.

Yes, the New Bremen Police Department offers house checks for residents who will be out of town for extended periods.  A form is to be completed listing the dates your home will be unoccupied, any expected visitors, and contact information in the event the homeowner needs to be notified.  The form can be found here.

Yes, the Village of New Bremen participates in and donates to the Animal Resource Foundation’s (ARF) Trap-Neuter-Release Program. An overview of the program can be found here.