Legal/Public Notices and Announcements
In the rare event that 9-1-1 lines are out of service, call 419-739-6565, which is a local call for New Bremen.
The Village of New Bremen Water Treatment Department has completed the monitoring cycle of the New Bremen public water supply for volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) as required by the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) Chapter 3745-81.
Upon completion of each VOC monitoring cycle, state regulations also require the owner or operator of a public water supply to notify its consumers of the availability of the VOC analytical results for the period tested. Persons wanting to review the VOC results should contact:
Greg Dennings, Superintendent of Water Treatment
Branches and limbs will be collected at the curb on Mondays. No pickup will occur if any type of plastic material is mixed in.
If you have a large amount of material to be picked up, please call 419-629-2802 for assistance and arrangements will be made for a vehicle to be delivered for use. There is no charge for disposal.
Rapid entry boxes are required on properties that have alarms or medic alert alarms. This allows fire, emergency squad or police department personnel to enter the building without breaking a window or door. Additional information can be obtained by contacting the fire chief at 419-629-3101.
If you plan to dig, call 1-800-362-2764 to have your underground utilities located. The Village of New Bremen is a member of the Ohio Utilities Protection Service (OUPS), which you can reach by calling the toll free number shown above.
If your digging project includes construction of a structure, a building permit is required.
Are you interested in posting a sign at the structure on Washington and Monroe? Please review the advertising policy:
- Only nonprofit organizations and the village will be permitted to advertise on the sign structure. The village will remove all other signs.
- All American Legion functions will have first priority of advertising on the center section. The American Legion shall reserve those dates a minimum of 30 days in advance.
- The two outside wings of the structure can be used on a first-come, first-served basis if the center section of the structure is reserved or in use.
- Only sign inserts shall be used on the structure for advertising. The inserts shall be on aluminum with a painted background. Letter colors are optional and shall be painted professionally or with templates. The signs shall be 46-5/16″ in width and depth. They shall be fastened onto the sign structure with the method in use on the structure.
- All signs shall not be offensive, discriminatory or in bad taste.
- No other signs shall be placed on the village property unless approved by the village administrator. Contact the village administrator by calling (419)629-2827 or emailing email@example.com.
- The organization shall be responsible to put up and take the sign down after the event is over. No sign shall be placed sooner than two weeks prior to the event and shall be removed within 24 hours after the event.
- A resolution committee shall be formed to resolve any problems that shall arise concerning the advertising sign; the committee shall consist of: village mayor, American Legion Commander, and the president of the Community Improvement Corporation.
- Anyone wanting to place an advertising sign on the structure must complete a request form to reserve the space. The form can be obtained from the village office or online.
New Bremen has a warning siren system to warn residents in the event of a tornado. The outside warning sirens will only be activated when a tornado has been sighted near or approaching the Village of New Bremen.
When sirens sound, residents are advised to seek cover immediately. The sirens will be sounded continuously as long as there is danger. When there is no further known danger, the sirens will be turned off. The stopping of the sirens is to be understood as the “All Clear” signal to resume normal activities.
The Warning Sirens will not be turned on for tornado watches, only for actual sightings of tornadoes or extremely high winds that could cause harm.