Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger and Lomakin. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner. Councilman Larger, Kuck, Richter, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke attended via Zoom.
Visitors attending by Zoom were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the April 13, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for April in the amount of $2,407,651.25 and total receipts for March were $2,389,194.48. Finance committee will review bank reconciliations for March once Governor DeWine’s lifts the Stay at Home order and committees meet in person. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- National Police Week is May 10 – 16. Thank You for all you do!
- Governor announced the opening of manufacturing, distribution and retail.
- Discussed community events such as Bremenfest, swimming pool and concert series. Will continue to follow Governor’s guidance.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Patrons of the Dog Park are ask to pick up after their dogs. Bags are provided at the Dog Park. Receiving complaints about owners not picking up after their dogs around town. Please be diligent and pick up after your dogs.
- All projects are moving forward.
Discussed shelter house rental agreements and fees. Moving the reservation period from 18 months to 12 months. Allows the village for schedule local events like Summer Concert Series and Food Trucks, etc.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-04-09 Updated Shelter house rental agreements and fees. Motion by Burnell. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Richter. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2020-04-06 Award 274 Turn Lane Project to Tom’s Construction in the amount of $583,690. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Passed by emergency to allow Tom’s Construction to order supplies.
Second Reading Ordinance 2020-04-08 Medical Insurance premium cost 90% village and 10% employee. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:11 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes. Came out of executive session at 7:45 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:45 p.m. Second by Richter. Six ayes.