Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Larger, Kuck, Richter and Lomakin. Kronenberger attended by phone. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner and Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading, Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the July 27, 2020 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines and Fees for July were $2,454.
- Spring Clean Up has been rescheduled to Sept 26 from 8-11am.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Last day for the pool is August 21
- Leak detection was completed at the pool on Aug 4. Could possibly be the liner, more detection will be done after pool closes. Will be working with pool and liner companies.
- Traffic signal upgrade – waiting for final parts to arrive
- 274 Turn Lane Project will be begin once Tom’s Construction completes the current project they are working on.
- Every 4 years we receive OPWC funding. In the past monies have been used for street resurfacing. Will be receiving $245,000 and must match 10%. Application is due 2nd week of October.
- OPWC awarded Jefferson Street project for 2021-2022. Access Engineering is designing the street reconstruction.
- Bike Path and Canal Clean-Up Grant funds have been re-appropriated.
Received from Auglaize County Auditor Cares Act Funds in the amount of $86,850.24. Funds must be used for cost related to COVID-19. Amend 2020 appropriations to include Cares Act Fund.
Larger made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Richter. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency ORDINANCE 2020-8-12 Amend 2020 Appropriations. Motion by Richter. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2020-07-11 CRA Agreement with Brookside Laboratories. Continuation of current CRA to include the intended $2 million expansion of the facility to include warehouse and office space as well as hire of 10 additional employees. Motion by Richter. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.
Motion by Richer to untable Third Reading Ordinance 2020-06-11 Purchase of controls for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. Second by Burnell.
At this time, control panel improvement will only be purchased for Water Treatment Plant from Artesian.
Third Reading Ordinance 2020-06-11 Purchase of controls for Water Treatment Plant in the amount of $47,750. Motion by Kuck. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 6:47 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes. Came out of executive session at 7:18 p.m. with no action
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:18 p.m. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.