Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Parker, Kuck and Kronenberger. Larger was excused with a motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor This, Chief of Police Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors were Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, Sandy Schwieterman representing The Sidney Daily News and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the July 22 meeting were approved. Motion by Kuck. Second by Richter. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- Good Luck to the Bremenfest Committee this weekend.
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for July are $1,649.
- Mayor gave council two proposals for the Fire / EMS Consolidation study and ask that they review and give feedback.
Village Administrator Dicke gave the following report:
- New Bremen flags are available at the Village Office for $40.
- Tree Lottery forms are being accepted. 25 winners will be announced at the Pumpkinfest.
- New traffic signal design is ready to go out for bid.
- ReSource is planning to come to the yard waste facility in August to grind and haul away the mulch. May need to close the yard waste facility for a few days to clean and re-organize the lot. Any closing of the facility will be announced in advance.
- Waste water plant improvement bid opening is August 15. The bid will be accepted at the August 26 council meeting.
- Fishing Derby will be at Kuenning Dicke Park on August 15 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Industrial Pond is being treated this year and plan to stock fish next year.
Bids for seven major equipment items for the North Substation were opened on August 6. GPD reviewed all bids and gave recommendation for awarding the bids. Engineers estimate for major equipment items was $1,784,000. Actual bids totaled $1,783,014. Due to lead times for several of the items, it was decided to pass by emergency.
Kuck made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. Declaring Emergency ORDINANCE 2019-8-16 Accept GPD’s recommendation for the seven major equipment items for the North Substation. Motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
EMS Levy fund appropriations for 2019 total $152,800 for operating and levying fees. Total appropriations needed for 2019 is $159,041.80. Request to increase appropriations by $6,241.84 so the final payment for 2019 can be made to New Bremen EMS.
First Reading Ordinance 2019-8-17 Amend appropriations for EMS Levy Fund. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Richter. Four ayes. Parker abstained.
A portion of the Voress property recently purchased by the village is located outside the village. The Village will petition Auglaize County Commissioners for the land.
First Reading Ordinance 2019-8-18 Petition Auglaize County Commissioners for land in German Township. Motion by Parker. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape received information from ODNR. The Village may have the opportunity to acquire properties along the canal. The mayor will get more information and report back to council.
Second Reading Resolution 2019-7-7 Refuse contract with Maharg’s, 3 year term beginning September 1, 2019. Motion by Burnell. Second by Richter. Five ayes.
Second Reading Ordinance 2019-7-15 Levying Assessments of Front Eastmoor Dr Reconstruction Project. Motion by Kuck. Second by Parker. Five ayes.
Parker made a motion at 7:05 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Kuck. Came out of executive session at 7:30 p.m. with no action.
Third Reading 2019-7-6 To adopt the Auglaize County Solid Waste Management District Plan. Motion by Kuck. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Parker made a motion to adjourn at 7:32 p.m. Second by Richter. Five ayes.