Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Condon, Larger, Wuebker, Burnell, Elshoff and Lomakin. Also, present were Fiscal Officer Speelman, Mayor Parker, Chief Skinner, Village Administrator Richter and Solicitor This.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from Evening Leader, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News and Jerry McClannan from Mote and Associates.
Minutes from the June 13, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Burnell. Second by Condon. Four ayes. Wuebker and Elshoff abstained.
Minutes from the August 8, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Wuebker. Second by Larger. Five ayes. Lomakin abstained.
Larger reported total expenditures for August in the amount of $1,316,594.80 and total receipts for July were $1,742,262.19; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for July. Motion by Larger. Second by Condon. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Thank you to Bremenfest committee for a successful festival.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Kettler Road paving is complete. Catch basin needs a riser. Cost of the project repair will be shared with German Township.
- Waste Water Plant – 24-hour sampling units have been installed. Manufacturer training is scheduled for August 31.
- Concrete footers are being installed for the new Bremenfest Park sign.
- Water main is complete on Jefferson St. Storm sewer line is in process. SR 274 & Jefferson St intersection is paved and opened on August 12.
- Planning Commission meeting is scheduled for August 25, 2022 at 6:30pm to review final plat proposal for a new subdivision bounded by Plum St, Park St and Eastmoor Dr.
Received from Auglaize County Budget Commission amounts for estimated local government $93,172.55, prior year amount was $78,439.50. County is requesting an approved resolution returned by August 31, 2022.
Elshoff made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Resolution 2022-08-09 Accept Local Government amount and rates set by Auglaize County Budget Commission. Motion by Wuebker. Second by Elshoff. Six ayes.
With the proposed new subdivision on Plum St., the village is planning for a street reconstruction which will include new lines for water, sewer, storm water, curb and gutter. Application must be submitted to Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement Program by October 2022. Projects will be awarded May 2023 with funds available July 2023.
Second Reading Resolution 2022-08-08 Authorizing the Village Administrator to prepare and submit application to Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement Program.
Homeowners at 714 Franklin St noticed their deed contained a vacated street. A portion of Kunning St was previously vacated. The remaining portion is grass and serves no street access. Requesting the village to vacate the remaining portion of Kunning St
Second Reading Ordinance 2022-08-23 Vacate Kunning St running east and west from Franklin St to alley at east line of Lots 6 and 7 Highland addition.
Larger made a motion to enter executive session for personnel at 6:40 p.m. Second by Lomakin. Larger made a motion to come out of executive session at 7:08 p.m. with no action. Second by Elshoff.
Elshoff made a motion to adjourn at 7:08 p.m. Second by Wuebker. Six ayes.