Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kuck, Kronenberger, Richter and Lomakin. Larger attended by phone. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner and Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors attending were Duane Stienecker, Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading, Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the August 10, 2020 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for August in the amount of $804,908.54 and total receipts for July were $1,915,527.79; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for July. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Received two comments in the last 2 weeks for employees going above and beyond during a tree removal on Main St and also for tennis court repairs and new nets.
Duane Stienecker introduced himself to council. From New Knoxville, running as in Independent against John Bergman for Auglaize County Commissioner.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Five memorial bench pads have been poured in Komminsk Legacy Park. Three of the five are available. There has been interest to place benches in Bremenfest Park and other locations in town.
- Last day of the pool season was August 23. Will continue to work on liner and leak repairs.
- Clean-up day is scheduled for September 26 from 8-11am. List of unacceptable items is on the village website.
- The paving on Erie Rd is complete.
- Tom’s Construction will begin 274 Turn Lane project Aug 31.
- Concrete driveway at Fire Dept is in need of repair or replacement.
- Traffic signals – waiting for Miller Pipeline to begin.
- OPWC Resurfacing for 2021, need to work with Finance Committee to determine local share.
Authorize the placement of a stop sign at the end of Cardinal St and intersecting into a private drive owned by New Bremen Local School District Board of Education.
Kuck made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency ORDINANCE 2020-8-13 to authorize the placement of a stop sign at the end of Cardinal St and intersecting into a private drive owned by New Bremen Local School District Board of Education. Motion by Burnell. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Adopt an Early Retirement Incentive Plan for the Village of New Bremen to be effective from November 1, 2020 until October 31, 2021. Available to all employees who are members of OPERS on November 1, 2020. Village will purchase 1.5 years service credit. First Reading Resolution 2020-08-06 to adopt Early Retirement Incentive Plan effective November 1, 2020 until October 31, 2021. Motion by Kuck. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
First Reading Resolution 2020-08-08 Accept Local Government funds and rates set by Auglaize County Budget Commission, $65,487.93. Motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Real Estate Contract between Komminsk Estate Inc and The Village of New Bremen. The village agrees to purchase 139.45 acres located in Van Buren Township, Shelby County at a purchase price of $1,500,000. The note will bear interest rate of 1% for a term of 18 months. Closing date will occur within 15 days of the filing of the Agricultural Easement with the Office of Farmland Preservation, Ohio Department of Agriculture.
First Reading 2020-08-14 Village of New Bremen to enter into real estate purchase of 139.45 acres in Van Buren Township with Komminsk Estate Inc. Motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:55 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.