Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Larger and Kronenberger, Lomakin and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors were Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, Jerry McClannan from Mote and Associates, Steve Creager and Mark Sallman from TrafficScapes and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the January 27, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines, fees and forfeitures in January were $1,648.
- On March 1, three New Bremen High School Seniors will receive the Girl Scout Gold Award at Sinclair Community College. Congratulations to Brooke Dicke, Sidney Paul and Taylor Paul.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- North Substation – Working on transmission line.
- Traffic signal upgrade – all foundations are complete. Poles can now be ordered.
- Franklin Ash St Reconstruction – sanitary laterals continue to be completed. Gas lines are complete.
- The Village is accepting summer applications until March 1.
Steve Creager and Mark Sallman from TrafficScapes presented options for potential cross walks. Made of a durable thermoplastic material that is skid and UV resistant and provides a traditional brick-like aesthetic. The product can be installed on asphalt up to 3 years old.
2020 marks Crown’s 75th anniversary. They are considering 75 year banners and would display them after July 4 and down by Veteran’s Day. Mayor Parker will confirm dates and location with Crown.
Discussed an updated contract from Garmann Miller for possible upgrades to the Administration Building.
Second Reading Ordinance 2020-01-01 Transfer unused monies in Capital Projects Funds 404 Police EMS Building, 405 Wierth Ditch and 406 Komminsk Legacy Park back to Income Tax Fund in the amount of $122,855.54. Motion by Larger. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:12 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Richter. Six ayes. Skinner, Speelman and Dicke were excused. Came out of executive session at 8:15 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 8:15 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.