Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Larger and Kronenberger, Lomakin and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors were Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, Angela Hamberg and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the February 10, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for February in the amount of $1,902,347.82 and total receipts for January were $1,272,192.25 and noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for January. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Discussed different days of the week for council meetings. Decided to keep current schedule of 2nd and 4th Monday each month.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Stamped cross walks at Washington St and Monroe would cost approximately $38,000. The State is planning new asphalt on 274 in 2024. Will re-look at cross walks after new asphalt is down.
- Reviewing utility fees with Courtney & Associates.
- Electric Department worked at Crown over the weekend to move transformers.
- Traffic signal upgrade – poles are expected to arrive in September.
- Jefferson St project is being considered by OPWC.
- The Village is accepting summer applications until March 1, currently have 12 applicants.
Angela Hamberg ask council to transfer parcel C-10-400-014-00 from the Village to New Bremen CIC with the intent to sell. A local business owner is interested in purchasing the lot to build a warehouse for cold storage.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-02-02 Transfer from Village of New Bremen to Community Improvement Corp parcel C10-400-014-00. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-02-03 Adopting American Legal Publishing Ohio Basic Code 2020 Edition. Motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Discussed the current layout of the administration building and need for a larger council chambers and redesign of current office space. Garmann Miller has designed a few layout options over the last few years. Will set up a meeting with Mandy Niekamp to review drawings and which one best meets our needs.
Third Reading Ordinance 2020-01-01 Transfer unused monies in Capital Projects Funds 404 Police EMS Building, 405 Wierth Ditch and 406 Komminsk Legacy Park back to Income Tax Fund in the amount of $122,855.54. Motion by Kuck. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:08 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.