Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin, Kuck and Wuebker. Also, present were Solicitor This, Village Administrator Richter, Chief Skinner and Fiscal Officer Speelman. Mayor Parker was absent.
Councilman Larger presided over meeting.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the January 25, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Kuck. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report: (given by Larger)
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for January were $981.
- Thank you to village employees for doing a wonderful job on removing snow from the streets.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Swimming Pool leak repair bid package was advertised February 3. Bids will be opened February 19.
- Walnut St Sanitary line construction –Work will begin in February
- Working with Arcadis on a design for blower replacement at Wastewater Department.
Second Reading Ordinance 2021-01-01 Improvement of Koop Ditch Culvert
Families First Coronavirus Response Act provided 80 hours of Emergency Paid Sick leave to eligible employees; this expired on December 31, 2020. We are permitted to extend to March 31, 2021. Employees can carryover the balance from 12/31/2020.
Kronenberger made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Wuebker. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2021-01-02 Extend Family First Coronavirus Response Act 80 hours of Emergency Paid Sick Leave to March 31, 2021. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Kuck made a motion to adjourn at 6:40 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.