Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin, Kuck and Wuebker. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Village Administrator Richter and Chief Skinner. Absent was Fiscal Officer Speelman.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the December 29, 2020 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. Kuck abstained.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines fees and forfeitures in December were $3,005.
- Nomination for 2021 Council President
Councilman Burnell nominated Councilman Kuck to serve as Council President. Kuck has served as President of Council for 21 years and declined the nomination. Kuck said it is time for the next generation of leadership going forward and nominated Jacob Larger to serve as Council President. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Swimming Pool – Six large lines are leaking and do not hold pressure. Waiting on proposal from Astro Pools for repair cost. Opening in the gate at the pool will need to be larger in order to get equipment inside to make repairs.
- New server for CMI’s Authority Finance and Utility software has been installed in the police server room.
- Received quotes for Walnut St Sanitary line construction.
2021 Pool Management agreement with YMCA of Greater Dayton. No change from 2020 agreement. Management fee remains at $13,000.
Third Reading Resolution 2020-12-15 2021 Management Agreement between Village of New Bremen and YMCA of Greater Dayton. Motion by Kuck. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes
Discussed the 1% COLA wage increase. Will evaluate income tax receipts in July and re-discuss.
Third Reading Ordinance 2020-12-21 2021 COLA of 1% to employees. Motion by Wuebker. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:44 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.