Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Larger and Kronenberger and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors were Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard, Matt and Jessica Lomakin, Bob Kuck, Matt Krieg and New Bremen Lego League.
New Bremen Lego League presented to council a project they completed at a recent competition. They researched a challenge they see in their village. They explained the safety concerns with children crossing SR 274 from Klee Avenue to get to school. A visual aid was used to show a stop light at Klee Ave and post that will come up out of the road to create a safe crossing for students. Council discussed their concerns and possible solutions.
At 6:46 p.m., Kuck made a motion to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Larger. Speelman, Dicke and Skinner were excused. Came out of executive session at 7:05 p.m. to announce the appointment to fulfill Mayor Parker’s remaining term on council.
Kuck nominated Jessica Lomakin to fulfill the term of Mayor Parker. Second by Richter. Five ayes.
Minutes from the December 9 meeting were approved. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Larger. Five ayes.
Speelman reported appropriations for 2019 were reduced by $7,068,550. The largest reduction was to the Electric Fund for $6.3 million for remaining project cost of the North Substation. Total receipts for November were $1,031,479.30 and total expenditures for December were $1,218,575.95, noted an additional $200,000 principal payment was made on the loan for the construction of the Public Works Building and Police / EMS Building. Bank reconciliations for November and December were reviewed. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines, fees and forfeitures in December were $670.
Village Administrator Dicke gave the following report:
- Site work is continuing at the North Substation. A site meeting was held on January 13. Vaughn will begin drilling in the next couple days.
- Tom’s Construction will begin the foundation work for the traffic signal upgrade in January. Shop drawings were received the first week of January.
- Shinn Brother’s began the North Sanitary Line work on January 6.
- The wastewater plant aerator improvements are nearly complete. 94 of the 110 old aerators were removed and the 27 new are installed and functioning. A full check of the system will be the week of January 24.
- Franklin Ash St Reconstruction will begin this week.
- Goose deterrents were installed at the wastewater plant lagoons.
Burnell made a motion to appoint Councilman Kuck as President of Council. Second by Larger. Five ayes.
Third Reading Resolution 2019-11-12 Management Agreement between Village of New Bremen and YMCA of Greater Dayton. Motion by Richter. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2019-11-31 2020 COLA increase of 3%. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:23 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Kronenberger. Jessica Lomakin was invited into executive session. Came out of executive session at 8:04 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 8:04 p.m. Second by Richter. Five ayes.