Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Larger, Lomakin, Condon and Elshoff. Wuebker was excused with a motion by Larger. Second by Lomakin. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Village Administrator Richter and Chief Skinner.
Visitors attending were Erin Gardner from Daily Standard, Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates and Brice Schmitmeyer from Access Engineering.
Minutes from the January 10, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Elshoff. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for January in the amount of $742,602.85 and total receipts for December were $1,513,869.98; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for December. Receipts were increased from recording OPWC Grant and Loan of $445,000 for 2021 Resurfacing Project. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- No report.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Crosswalks have been installed on 274 near Klee Ave and Bear Drive. Lights will flash when button is activated. Stop when light is flashing.
- Working with Eagon on the cleaning specification for 3 water wells.
- Meet with EPA on 1/18/2022, to discuss sludge removal process.
- Village sold Renewable Energy Credits from JV5 Belleville Hydro plant in the amount of $111,718.34. This credit will lower the rate for everyone this month.
- Jefferson St Reconstruction bid opening was on Jan 12, 2022. PAB Construction was low bid at $1,539,772.50. Public meeting is scheduled for Feb 10,2022 from 4-7pm. This will be a come & go format meeting to meet with residents. Residents were mailed letters.
Brice Schmitmeyer from Access Engineering reviewed the bids submitted for the Jefferson St Reconstruction project and recommends PAB Construction at a cost of $1,539,772.50.
Larger made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Elshoff. Five ayes. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2022-01-04 Award Contract for Jefferson St Reconstruction Project to PAB Construction. Motion by Burnell. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.
Discussed water and sewer rate increases. Will be gradual increase years 2022-2026. For years 2027 and beyond, rates will increase 4% from previous years rate. Water tap fees will be $350 plus cost of meter and transmitter. Sewer tap fees will be $350.
Second Reading Ordinance 2022-01-01 Water rate increase
Second Reading Ordinance 2022-01-02 Waste water rate increase
In 2006 an annexation agreement for Faith Alliance Church was passed by German Township and by Board of Commissioners. The filing of the annexation was not completed.
Second Reading Ordinance 2022-01-03 Annexing Faith Alliance Property in German Township
Larger made a motion at 6:48 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Elshoff. Came out at 7:04 with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:04 p.m. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.