Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Larger and Kronenberger, Lomakin and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors were Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, David Bambauer and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the January 3, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Richter. Second by Kuck. Five ayes. Lomakin abstained.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for January in the amount of $954,662.08 and total receipts for December were $1,208,856.23. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- The State of the Villages will be held at First Church of New Knoxville on January 30 at 7:30 a.m.
- Jessica Lomakin was sworn in before tonight’s council meeting to fulfill Mayor Parker’s remaining 2 year term.
Village Administrator Dicke gave the following report:
- North Substation – Transmission line will begin soon.
- Tom’s Construction started foundation work for the traffic signal upgrade on January 27.
- Advertising sign at the corner of SR 66 and SR 274 is down during the construction phase of the traffic signal upgrade. Will discuss future needs or location.
- Shinn Brother’s has completed the North Sanitary Line work.
- The wastewater plant aerator improvements have been tested and are functioning properly.
- Franklin Ash St Reconstruction has begun.
- Village is following the snow making machine guidelines that were established. Warmer temperatures have not allowed snow making.
- Will continue to work on implementing the One Call Now system.
David Bambauer, from New Knoxville, introduced himself to council. He will be on the Republican ballot in March as Candidate for Auglaize County Commissioner. Bambauer Fertilizer is his family business and also has 23 years of experience as the Fiscal Officer of Washington Township.
Capital Project Funds from Police EMS Building, Wierth Ditch and Komminsk Legacy Park have monies remaining in the total of $122,866.54 and projects are complete. These monies were transferred from Income Tax Fund to Capital Project Funds and needs to be transferred back.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-01-01 Transfer unused monies in Capital Projects Funds 404 Police EMS Building, 405 Wierth Ditch and 406 Komminsk Legacy Park back to Income Tax Fund in the amount of $122,855.54. Motion by Burnell. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 6:53 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property and personnel. Second by Lomakin. Skinner and Dicke were excused. Came out of executive session at 8:56 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 8:56 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.