Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin, Kuck. Wuebker was excused with a motion by Kuck. Second by Kronenberger. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Richter.
Visitors attending were Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the June 14, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Burnell. Four ayes. Kuck abstained.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for June in the amount of $1,330,697.50 and total receipts for May were $1,188,018.13; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for May. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Councilman Kuck announced he will not be seeking re-election on the November ballot after serving 6 terms. He encourages residents to consider serving the community. He’s enjoyed his time on council, contact him or any council member with any questions.
- August 4 is the filing deadline for the November ballot. Contact Auglaize County Board of Elections.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Swimming Pool is using the new Dolphin robotic pool cleaner and the backup chlorine controller.
- Bike Path & Crosswalk and 2021 Resurfacing Project are being re-bid. Bid opening is July 1 at 10:00 a.m.
- NKTelco has installed the Wi-Fi equipment on South Tower and Isern Well.
- Waste Water Plant Ohio EPA Draft 5 year permit – Waiting for EPA response.
- The remaining Komminsk Sculptures will be placed the second week of July. Two in Komminsk Legacy Park and one in Bremenfest Park. Identification plaques will be placed at each sculpture.
- Franklin Ash Reconstruction – Concrete complete and landscaper has re-seeded. Residents need to water.
- North Substation – 1 year walk through was completed. No faults or issued found. Operating at approximately 10% capacity.
- The stands have arrived for the Rotary Story Book Project at Jaycee Park.
Larger made a motion at 6:44 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property and personnel. Second by Kronenberger. Came out at 7:05 p.m.
There are six delinquent utility accounts dating back to 2003-2015, total of $5,740.60. Efforts were made in the past to collect but these remain uncollectible. These accounts will be removed from the utility software.
Second Reading Ordinance 2021-06-12 Deem certain utility accounts uncollectible.
The Village’s property, vehicle and equipment insurance renews on July 1. Stolly Insurance received renewal of 2.4% for a total cost of $68,580.
Third Reading Resolution 2021-05-06 Annual Property, Vehicle and Equipment Insurance renewal. Motion by Kuck. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Administrator Richter was hired in November 2020, at that time the position did not include the responsibilities of Economic Development. Richter has assumed these responsibilities and will be compensated at $10,000 per year. The compensation will not be subject to cost of living adjustments.
Mayor Parker announced that Administrator Richter appreciated the additional compensation but is declining. Instead, all full time and part time employees will receive a 1% COLA increase, seasonal employees are excluded.
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-05-11 Original intent was additional compensation to Village Administrator to assume duties of Economic Development Director. Administrator declined additional compensation. Instead all full time and part time employees will receive a 1% COLA adjustment effective with pay period beginning July 5, 2021. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:10 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.