Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Crown Pavilion Burnell, Larger, Kuck, Kronenberger, Richter and Lomakin. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors attending were Jeff Pape, Kimberly Prueter, Stephanie Alig, Wayne Gruebmeyer, Kyle Schmiesing, Rhonda Gill, Barry Gill, Ron Tenkman, Dina Tenkman, Lois Dicke, Marlene Hittepole, John Sailer, Jason Schrader, Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading, Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the May 26, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Larger noted Finance committee reviewed and signed bank reconciliations, receipts and expenses for the months of February, March and April. Council was meeting by Zoom conferencing due to COVID-19.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for May were $512.
- Special thanks to our police department for their professional behavior and service.
- Thank you to the village employees that are working diligently to locate and repair the leak at the pool.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Splash Pad in Komminsk Legacy Park is open.
- Restrooms at the Pavilion and East Shelter house are open. The West Shelter house and Jaycee Park restrooms will only open when the facility is rented.
- May try to schedule a summer concert at the Pavilion. Watch Facebook and Village website for updates.
- NEOS in Komminsk Legacy Park will open after June 10 per Ohio Governor’s orders.
- N Franklin and Ash St has been seeded, residents will need to water.
- North Substation- Site work continues.
The villages Property and Casualty Insurance is up for renewal with Ohio Plan. 2019 premium was $59,889; renewal for 2020 is $60,251.
First Reading Resolution 2020-06-02 Annual Property and Casualty Insurance renewal. Motion by Kuck. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Several residents were in attendance to discuss the Parks Department. Kim Prueter discussed concerns on the current operation of the Parks Department and the condition of the ball diamonds. Kim was invited to return for the next meeting and continue the discussion.
Second Reading Ordinance 2020-05-10 Change traffic signal at Plum and Walnut Streets to a four way stop and remove the no turn on red signs at the intersection of Plum Street and Washington Street. Motion by Richter. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Discussed the control and monitoring system for water and wastewater plant. The systems are dated and obsolete. If a sudden breakdown would occur, it could be very expensive to fix and take a lot of time from the operational staff during a fix. To cost to update the water plant control system is $47,750 and the wastewater is $48,700. Village Administrator Dicke will get more information on the lead-time and if the systems could be implemented at different times to help with budgeting.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-06-11 Purchase of Controls for Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants. Motion by Burnell. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:01 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes. Jason Schrader joined executive session. Came out of executive session at 7:24 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:24 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.