Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Larger, Burnell, Kuck, Parker, Richter and Kronenberger. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke and Chief of Police Skinner.
Visitors were Matt Lefeld, Matt Krieg, Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, Sandy Schwieterman representing Sidney Daily News and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the February 25 meeting were approved. Motion by Kuck. Second by Parker. Six ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- New Bremen Schools invited the village to the Groundbreaking of the new K-8 Building on March 28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Mayor is invited to an April 2 meeting in Sidney on the State Route 66 resurfacing.
- Taylor Paul is opening a community orchard and garden for her Girl Scout Gold Award. It will be located on the open lot on the corner of Second St and Franklin St., owned by St Paul’s Church.
Village Administrator Dicke gave the following report:
- We will be receiving a semi-load of portable concrete barriers to create bins at the yard waste facility. The village will only pay the shipping fee.
- Continue to work with Arcadis on updates to waste water plant.
- Continue to work on new construction projects with New Bremen Schools and Crown Plant 4.
Second Reading Resolution 2019-1-2 Woehrmeyer Ditch Petition not to exceed $4,000. Motion by Larger. Second by Parker. Six ayes.
The engineering cost for the substation will need to go out for bid. Mayor did speak to GPD.
Second Reading Ordinance 2019-2-6 Engineering for Electric Substation. Motion by Kuck. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2019-2-3 to send 2 mills request to Auglaize County Auditor for Ambulance and EMS Levy. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes. Parker abstained.
Third Reading Ordinance 2019-2-4 Golf carts and under speed vehicles on village streets. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to enter executive session at 6:57 p.m. to consideration of appointment of assistant village administrator. Second by Kronenberger. Came out of executive session at 7:40 p.m.
The committee of Dicke, Speelman, Larger and Burnell interviewed candidates for the Utility Operations Manager position. Matt Lefeld has an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering and Construction Management from Sinclair Community College. His most recent job experience is with Shinn Brothers and Access Engineering Solutions. Mayor Paper recommends appointing Matt Lefeld as Utility Operations Manager using the Assistant Village Administrators pay scale at a rate of $35.33 / hour. Council gave voice approval by roll call. Six ayes.
Kronenberger spoke to with German Township at their March meeting. Township was in agreement on approving pay increases for Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chief.
Second Reading Ordinance 2019-1-1 Amending annual pay of Fire Chief to $6,000 and Assistant Fire Chief to $2,000. Motion by Parker. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:47 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.