Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin, Kuck and Wuebker. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Village Administrator Richter, Chief Skinner and Fiscal Officer Speelman.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the March 2, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Wuebker. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- New Bremen New Knoxville Rotary Easter Egg distribution will be Saturday, March 27 at 1:00 p.m. behind New Bremen Library.
- State of the Villages is on Thursday, March 25 at New Bremen American Legion.
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for February was $1,112.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Swimming Pool – Shinn Brothers submitted permit to Ohio Department of Health.
- Walnut Sanitary Line is complete and grass will be seeded.
- Working with an environmental attorney on a response to the Ohio EPA Waste Water Plant Draft 5 year permit. Comment period was extended to May 1, 2021. The blower replacement has been put on hold due to the EPA permit changes.
- Drawings have been submitted to Ohio EPA for the filter media replacement at the water plant. Salt brine tank has been cleaned per the salt contract with Artesian.
- Adrian Speelman accepted the Parks Manager position. His first day will be April 5.
- Community garage sales will be April 16 and 17. Community clean- up day is May 1 at 304 S Herman St.
- Residential brush pick up began March 22.
Representatives from New Bremen Historical Society and Miami Erie Canal Corridor Association (MECCA) have requested a sign be placed on the front of the Lockkeeper’s House. They are applying for funding from New Bremen Foundation and Komminsk Foundation. The sign would representative of the era. Approximately 3 ft. x 12 ft. in size, max of 36 sq. ft., in black cast iron aluminum letters.
Council expressed concerns about the sign taking away from the beauty of the building and the original Lockkeeper’s House did not have a sign.
Pictures of the proposed sign will be posted on website or Facebook to receive public comment.
First Reading Resolution 2021-3-2 Accept the donation of a sign for the Lockkeepers House from New Bremen Historical Society and Miami Erie Canal Corridor Association.
Worked with Courtney and Associates to establish parameters and fee schedule for residential and commercial to utilize Behind the Meter (BTM) Generators. Will review subdivision covenants to see if there are any restrictions.
Zoning code will need updated to include solar panel restrictions and guidelines.
Second Reading Ordinance 2021-3-5 Behind the Meter Generators
Received annual medical insurance renewal from Stolly Insurance. The current plan is with Anthem. Renewal was 0% increase effective May 1, 2021.
Second Reading Ordinance 2021-3-6 Anthem Medical Insurance Renewal May 1, 2021.
Current Depository Contracts at First National Bank and Minster Bank expire March 31, 2021. Contracts are advertised every 5 years.
Third Reading Resolution 2021-02-01 Depository Establishments 4/1/2021 – 3/31/2026. Motion by Kuck. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 6:58 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Wuebker. Came out at 7:06 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:06 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.