Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin, Kuck and Wuebker. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Village Administrator Richter, Chief Skinner and Fiscal Officer Speelman.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard and New Bremen Legacy Lego Team Members and Coaches Arelia Varno, Jackson Borho, Colin Zimpfer, Aaden Homan, Joel Lozier, Charlie Rush, Macy Fullenkamp, Jocelyn Fullenkamp, Crystal Varno, Ryan Fullenkamp and Collin Rush.
Minutes from the February 22, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- No Report.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Swimming Pool – Shinn Brothers started layout work on March 2. Pipe has been delivered. Ohio Department of Health Permit is in process.
- Choice One is reviewing the Design package for the ODNR Grant Bike Path and Crosswalk.
- Walnut Sanitary Line is nearing completion.
- Received Ohio EPA Waste Water Plant Draft 5 year permit. We have 30 days to respond; will work with Arcadis to form response.
- Reviewing applications for seasonal park employees.
- First round of Park Manager interviews will be March 10 and 11.
- DP&L and AES are planning to upgrade 69kV line from Amsterdam substation to St Marys. Construction 2023 with infrastructure service mid 2024, estimated cost of $24M.
New Bremen Legacy Lego Team presented a park improvement idea. Legacy Team developed a QR code with videos of exercises. QR codes could be placed on signs at various parks throughout the village.
Worked with Courtney and Associates to establish parameters and fee schedule for residential and commercial to utilize Behind the Meter (BTM) Generators. Will review subdivision covenants to see if there are any restrictions.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-3-5 Behind the Meter Generators
Received annual medical insurance renewal from Stolly Insurance. The current plan is with Anthem. Renewal was 0% increase effective May 1, 2021.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-3-6 Anthem Medical Insurance Renewal May 1, 2021.
Bid opening for Water Plant Filter Media Replacement was March 1. One bid received; Artesian of Pioneer bid $94,000. Request to pass by emergency due to length of time to process permit
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kronenberger. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2021-03-07 Award contract for Water Plant Filter Media Replacement to Artesian of Pioneer at a cost of $94,000. Motion by Larger. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.
Current Depository Contracts at First National Bank and Minster Bank expire March 31, 2021. Contracts are advertised every 5 years.
Second Reading Resolution 2021-02-01 Depository Establishments 4/1/2021 – 3/31/2026
Larger made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Wuebker. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2021-02-03 Amend Ordinance 2001-2-10 to include Park Manager Position. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Wuebker. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:21 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Wuebker. Came out at 7:40 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:40 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.