Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger and Lomakin. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner. Councilman Larger, Kuck, Richter, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke attended via Zoom.
Visitors attending by Zoom were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the April 27, 2020 meeting were approved. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- On April 30, the village laid off three employees. Every department of the village has seen a staff reduction. The police department will have an officer retiring in the fall, also reduced hours. Thanks to all the employees stepping up to keep the village running smoothly.
- Utilities Operations Manager resigned effective April 30.
- Dave Goodwin will be the operator of record for water and wastewater plants.
- Council will meet May 16 at 8:30a.m. at the training room in the administrative building to discuss, capital purchases budgeted for 2020.
- OHSAA has cancelled the spring season. ACME season is cancelled. Cardinal Recreation Club Spring/Summer will be cancelled and refunds will be issued.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Waiting to hear the governor’s announcement for pools, parks and shelter houses.
- Tom’s Construction is planning to move from the N. Franklin Ash St Reconstruction to 274 widening near the Industrial Park Entrance.
- N Franklin Ash St Reconstruction – Curb and gutter is complete. Grading aggregate base and constructing sidewalk.
- North Substation- All is moving as planned. Waiting on the pole for the 3-way switch at Herman St.
- The seasonal employees hired for the summer will start May 18.
May 25 meeting, Memorial Day, is rescheduled for Tuesday, May 26 at 6:30 p.m.
Discussed summer park activities. Concert series and summer ball program is cancelled. Will wait for governor’s announcement regarding swimming pool, shelter houses and public restrooms.
Second Reading Ordinance 2020-04-09 Updated Shelter house rental agreements and fees. Motion by Burnell. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2020-04-08 Medical Insurance premium cost 90% village and 10% employee. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenbeger. Six ayes.
The 3% wage increase employee received in January is greater than the additional paid for medical insurance premium.
Kronenberger made a motion at 6:53 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Kuck. Six ayes. Dicke and Skinner were excused. Came out of executive session at 7:04 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:05 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.