Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Condon, Lomakin, Elshoff, Larger and Wuebker. Burnell was excused with a motion by Larger. Second by Elshoff. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Chief Skinner and Village Administrator Richter.
Visitors attending were Erin Gardner from Daily Standard, Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News and Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the April 28, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Condon. Second by Wuebker. Four ayes. Larger abstained.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Fines and fees for April is $989.
- Jefferson St reconstruction has begun. Use Klee Avenue in Pioneer Subdivision to access Bremenfest Park.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Cleaning of water well #2 – brushing and jetting complete. Pump and motor were replaced. Wells #9 and #10 will be scheduled in the fall.
- North and South water towers are scheduled to be cleaned and inspected in August.
- Lagoon sledge removal was advertised for bid on May 10, bid opening May 31, 2022.
- New diving boards have been installed at the pool. Tentative open date is May 27. Splash pad is awaiting Health Department inspection, plan to open for the weekend.
- Jefferson St sanitary line replacement has started at Bremenfest Park and working south.
- Sidewalks were placed along Plum St near Pavilion.
- Leaf machine – in tank radiator transmission cooler broke internally transferring water to the trasmission. Proposal to purchase 2004 refurbished chasis and machine for $121,200, includes trade in of our 1996 machine. New unit is over $240,000. Budgeted $170,000. Will inquire about extended warranty.
Lomakin discussed offering a Market in conjunction with Summer Concert Series at the Pavilion. Market would be located in the parking lot on Plum St, across the street from Pavilion and would include food trucks, vendors and Artisan’s. All items for sale must be homemade or grown locally. Vendors will be approved prior to event. Summer Concert dates at Pavilion are June 12, July 10, July 31 and August 14.
Discussed CRA application submitted by KATS Real Estate LLC. Request a tax abatement of 45% for 10 years for the location at 300 Komminsk Drive, New Bremen.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-04-10 CRA Agreement with KATS Real Estate LLC. Motion by Elshoff. Second by Wuebker. Five ayes.
Bunker Hill Industrial Park, Lot 22 Parcel C10-400-024-00 to be transferred to Community Improvement Corporation of New Bremen to sell for development.
Third Reading 2022-04-11 Transfer from Village of New Bremen to Community Improvement Corp Lot 22 Bunker Hill Industrial Park. Motion by Elshoff. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.
The Planning Commission met on April 6, 2022 for a petition to request a sign variance at Faith Alliance Church. Requested sign variance is from 15 square feet in a residential area to 36 square feet. Planning Commission recommends approval of the requested sign variance.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-04-12 Approve Faith Alliance Church sign variance. Motion by Condon. Second by Larger. Five ayes.
The Planning Commission met on April 6, 2022 to discuss replat within Amsterdam Center. Being part of parcel C10-040-002-00 and subdivide to replat for a building lot and several adjacent non building lots. Planning Commission recommends approval of the replat at Amsterdam Center.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-04-13 Accept Amsterdam Center LLC replat. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Elshoff. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to enter executive session for property at 6:45 p.m. Second by Elshoff. Skinner, Speelman and Richter were excused at 6:55 p.m. Came out of executive session at 7:00 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:00 p.m. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.