Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Richter, Parker, Larger, Kronenberger and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor This, Chief Skinner, Fiscal Officer Speelman. Village Administrator Dicke was absent.
Visitors were Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader, Sandy Schwieterman representing Sidney Daily News, Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates, Matt Lefeld and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the October 28 meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Parker. Six ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- Thank You Veterans for your service!
- Congratulations to Mayor Elect Bob Parker!
- Congratulations to the Volleyball Team on State Championship!
- Congratulations to the Football Team on a playoff win and good luck in your next game!
- Tree Lighting will be December 2 at 6:30pm.
- FEMA will be conducting a creek assessment.
- New Bremen CIC annual luncheon is November 21 at Faith Alliance Church. Doors open at 11:30am. Cost is $20 payable at the door.
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for October were $640.
Village Administrator Dicke gave the following report:
- Village Administrator Dicke was absent. Matt Lefeld gave Dicke’s report.
- Bid opening for traffic signal upgrade was November 5. Choice One reviewed bids and will give recommendation.
- Bid opening for Franklin Ash St Reconstruction was November 7. Mote & Associates reviewed bids and will give recommendation.
- Received EPA approval for aerator improvements at wastewater treatment plant.
- Industrial Park Pond has been restocked with fish.
- All Tree Lottery trees have been planted.
- Will soon be listing excess village equipment and vehicles on GovDeals.
There is a small strip of roadway in front of the ABC Center that is not annexed in the village.
First Reading Ordinance 2019-11-26 Annex .1 acres of land in German Township. Motion by Parker. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
The village has equipment and vehicles that are no longer needed and will list the items for auction on GovDeals.com. Will begin listing items in the upcoming days.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2019-11-27 Authorizing sale of personal property by internet auction on GovDeals.com. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Sealed bids were opened on November 7 for the reconstruction of North Franklin and Ash St. Mote & Associates reviewed the ten bids received and recommends Tom’s Construction, Inc. of St. Henry, Ohio
with a bid of $1,014,699. $571,151 under the engineer estimate of $1,851,850. The project will receive OPWC grant of $500,000, OPWC loan of $191,577.46 and local share cost of $589,121.54. The local share is reduced by $262,728.46. The sidewalk bid was $4.22 sq. ft. the engineer estimate was $8.00 sq. ft. The estimated assessments sent to the residents will decrease. The contractor is requesting to award by emergency so that contracts can be executed and materials can be ordered due to the lead times.
Larger made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kuck. Five ayes. Burnell abstained. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2019-11-29 Award Tom’s Construction, Inc. as contractor for North Franklin Ash St Reconstruction at bid of $1,014,699. Motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes. Burnell abstained.
Sealed bids were opened on November 5 for the Traffic Signal Upgrades. Choice One reviewed the five bids received and recommends Tom’s Construction, Inc. of St. Henry, Ohio with a bid of $400,941 for base bid and $288,433 for alternate bid #1 for a total cost of $689,374. $57,691 under the engineer estimate of $747,065. Due to the lead times on the signal arms, it was decided to pass by emergency. Bids do not include asphalt stamping. The stamping will be discussed at a later date.
Parker made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kuck. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2019-11-30 Award Tom’s Construction, Inc. as contractor for Traffic Signal Upgrades at bid of $689,374. Motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Budget meeting is planned for November 26 at 6:00pm.
First Reading Ordinance 2019-11-28 2020 Appropriations. Motion by Larger. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Solicitor This’s two year contract expires 12/31/19. Discussed renewing for two years at a rate of $15,000 annually.
First Reading Ordinance 2019-11-31 Jason This, Solicitor contract for 2020 and 2021 at an annual cost of $15,000. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2019-10-24 Modify rates charged to electric consumers for services supplied by Village of New Bremen. Motion by Parker. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion at 7:15 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property. Second by Kronenberger. Came out of executive session at 8:10 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 8:10 p.m. Second by Kuck. Six ayes.