Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger, Lomakin, Kuck, Larger and Wuebker. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Village Administrator Richter and Chief Skinner.
Visitors attending were Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leader, Erin Gardner from Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates.
Minutes from the November 8, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Wuebker. Second by Lomakin. Four ayes. Larger and Kuck abstained.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for November in the amount of $1,058,791.72 and total receipts for October were $1,135,400.47; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for October. Will be paying off $1.6 million loan at Minster Bank for construction of Public Works and Police/EMS Buildings. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Christmas Tree Lighting will be on November 29 at 6:30pm
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Production water well pumping test was completed on Nov 15, 2021. Waiting on report.
- Looking into a slow leak at the south water tower.
- Water Waste Water study will be presented at Dec 13 meeting.
- Waste Water Plant replacement blower was installed today.
- ODNR Nature Work Grant was submitted for 4 ball diamond back stops. Grant was not awarded to us.
- OPWC application for SR 274 Curb/gutter project in 2023 made the top 5 for Small Government and will be submitted to OPWC State.
Discussed preliminary appropriations for 2022. Finalizing details and project cost. Will bring updates to next meeting.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-11-28 Appropriations for 2022.
Renewing Solicitor Jason This contract for 2 years at an annual cost of $16,000.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-11-29 Solicitor Jason This contract for January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2023 at an annual cost of $16,000.
Second Reading Resolution 2021-11-15 Accept salt bid from Artesian of Pioneer at $140/ton. An increase of 4.5%
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-10-27 Authorize sale of personal property on GovDeals.com for 2022. Motion by Burnell. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:41 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.