Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Village Administrator Dicke and Chief Skinner.
Visitors attending were Brent Richter, Jerry McClannan from Mote and Associates, Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading and Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the November 9, 2020 regular meeting and November 12, 2020 special meeting were approved. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for November in the amount of $1,985,818.45 and total receipts for October were $1,190,382.23; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for October. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Congratulations to New Bremen Volleyball Team winning State runner-up and New Bremen Football Teams winning State Championship.
- Best Wishes to Angela Hamberg as she recently accepted a positon with Shelby County Regional Planning Commission. Thank you for your time and contributions to the village.
- Tree lighting is cancelled due to COVID-19.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- Traffic signal upgrade – continue to make minor adjustments.
- Artesian continues with water plant control panel upgrades.
- Leaf pick will end after December 11 unless leaves are still heavily falling.
- Swimming Pool – continue to try locating the leak and repairs needed.
- Considering converting one ball diamond at Bremenfest Park into a Pony League diamond.
At 6:40 p.m., Larger made a motion to enter executive session to discuss personnel. Second by Kronenberger. Speelman, Dicke and Skinner were excused. Came out of executive session at 6:54 p.m. to announce the appointment to fulfill Brent Richter’s remaining term on council.
Larger nominated Chad Wuebker to fulfill the term of Brent Richter. Second by Kuck. Five ayes.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-11-19 2021 Appropriations
Second Reading Resolution 2020-11-12 Approve Cares Fund purchases.
Second Reading Resolution 2020-11-13 Award salt bid contract to Artesian of Pioneer at a price of $134.25 per ton.
Third Reading Resolution 2020-10-10 Thomas Guillozet Mayor’s Court Magistrate for a two year period. Motion by Larger. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Third Reading Resolution 2020-10-11 City of St Marys Tax Department for income tax collections 2021-2023 at a rate 1.75% on tax dollar collected. Motion by Burnell. Second by Kuck. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:00 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.