Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Condon, Larger, Wuebker, Burnell, Lomakin and Elshoff. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Chief Skinner, Solicitor This and Village Administrator Richter.
Visitors attending were Erin Gardner from Daily Standard and Jerry McClannan from Mote and Associates.
Minutes from the September 26, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Condon. Second by Lomankin. Five ayes. Elshoff abstained.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Cider Time and Trick or Treat is scheduled for Sunday, October 30, 2022. The Cider Time parade will line up at 1pm, in parking lot behind 17 West. The parade will begin at 1:30pm. Trick or Treat will follow from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. NB-NK Rotary and Interact Rotary Club will be helping with the event.
- Fines fees and forfeitures in September were $2,286.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Ohio EPA triennial Water Plant inspection has been completed. Waiting on final report.
- Attended Western AMP Service Group Meeting to discuss AES upgrades to distribution system in 2024.
- Jefferson St paving is scheduled for week of October 17.
Village of New Bremen owns parcel C10-021-071-00 on Cherry St. Parcel is not needed for municipal purposes and village wishes to transfer to New Bremen Community Improvement Corp.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-10-27 Transfer from Village to Community Improvement Corp Parcel C10-021-071-00
Planning Commission approved the plat for Plum St Subdivision, located on the old high school baseball and football field. The plat consists of 21 lots and a new street, Margaret Street. All driveway approaches will be on Plum St or Margaret St.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-09-24 Accept Plum St Subdivision plat, street and easements. Motion by Elshoff. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Residents at 9 Vine St, parcel C10-011-012-00 are requesting fence variance for swimming pool. The current wrought iron fence is 4 ½ ft., requirement is 5 ft. Current fence height cannot be extended and meets the intent to keep people out.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-09-25 Fence variance parcel C10-011-012-00, 9 Vine St. Motion by Wuebker. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Komminsk Property farm lease bid opening for 2023 was on Sept 9, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. One bid was received, Topp Farms LLC at $47,250.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-09-26 Contract lease of Komminsk Farm land for 2023. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to enter executive session for purchase or sale of property at 6:40 p.m. Second by Wuebker. Came out of executive session at 6:50 p.m. with no action.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:50 p.m. Second by Elshoff. Six ayes.