Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at Police / EMS Training Room, Burnell, Kronenberger, Richter and Larger. Lomakin attended by phone. Kuck was excused with a motion by Richter. Second by Larger. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman and Village Administrator Dicke. Chief Skinner was absent.
Visitors attending were Jerry McClannan from Mote and Associates, Corey Maxwell from The Evening Leading and Jeff Elking from The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the September 28, 2020 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Burnell. Second by Richter. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Congratulations to Jessica Lomakin on the arrival of her baby daughter.
- Congratulations to Chris McKinney on his retirement from New Bremen Police Department after 25 years of service.
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for September were $1,114.
- Through the Coronavirus Relief Fund Local Government Assistance Program, the village was able to offer small business grants to local businesses. A total of $50,200 was awarded, resulting in 11 applicants receiving a grant amount ranging from $3,000 – $5,000.
Village Administrator Dicke Report:
- October 25 – YMCA will be hosting Trunk or Treat in the Jaycee Parking Lot from 3:30 – 4:30pm. Trick or Treat will be from 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
- Traffic signal upgrade – Control box and setting poles will begin week of October 12.
- 274 Widening at Bunker Hill Entrance is complete. Met with John Courtney regarding solar polar and possible village policy.
- Crack seal and spray patching has been completed.
- Clean up Day took place on September 26. Will need to get stricter with monitoring who is bringing items. Believe to be non-New Bremen residents and several people bringing multiple loads.
First Reading Ordinance 2020-10-16 Authorize sale of personal property on GovDeals.com for 2021.
Burnell made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2020-10-17 Accept Kuenning Tract Lot Split and Replat. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Richter. Five ayes.
Village will be selling a 2015 Ford Expedition and 2015 Ford F250 Truck by sealed bid. These items will not be sold on GovDeals.
Second Reading Ordinance 2020-09-09 Authorize VA to sell personal property not needed for municipal purposes.
Larger made a motion at 6:42 p.m. to enter executive session to discuss property and personnel. Second by Richter. Five ayes. Came out of executive session at 6:54 p.m. with no action.
Village Administrator Christine Dicke announced her retirement in December 2020.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:57 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.