Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Larger, Burnell, Parker, Kronenberger and Richter. Kuck was excused with a motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Chief of Police Skinner and Village Administrator Dicke.
Visitors were Jerry McClannan from Mote & Associates, Sandy Schwieterman representing The Sidney Daily News, Jenna Gilbert representing The Evening Leader and Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the August 27 meeting were approved. Motion by Parker. Second by Richter. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- Gave a proclamation at Elmwood for National Assisted Living Week.
- Received a letter from Spectrum. They are updating all cable to digital. All customers should be receiving a letter.
- Fines, fees and forfeitures for August are $1,681.
Chief Skinner stated Officer Porter’s last day with New Bremen Police Department will be September 16. He accepted a position at St Mary’s Police Department. Chief Skinner is recommending moving Officer Dennis from part time to full time.
Village Administrator Dicke gave the following report:
- Front and
Eastmoor Drive reconstruction:
- Subgrade is bad, may need to submit a change order.
- Next curb install the week of Sept 17.
- Planning asphalt the first week of October.
- Received 2 of the 3 quotes for the library roof replacement.
- Wierth Ditch Project at Plum St and going south to the corporation limit has begun. Delayed a few days by the rain.
- Painting of light poles on 274 and 66 will begin the week of September 17 and will take 10 working days to complete.
- Training has begun with Dude Solutions on the Asset Management Software.
- Cleaning and painting of north water tower will begin week of September 10.
Discussed the water study completed by Courtney and Associates. Water rates have not increased since 2014. Proposed increasing rates 10% January 2019 and 3% automatic increase each year after. The rate increase will help cover capital improvements needed at the water plant.
First Reading Ordinance 2018-9-23 Increase water rates 10% January 2019 and 3% automatic increase each year after. Motion by Burnell. Second by Parker. Five ayes.
Discussed Third Reading of Resolution 2015-12-70 authorizing free participation to OhioCheckBook.com tabled from February 22, 2016. A few local villages participate in Ohio Checkbook.
Third Reading Resolution 2015-12-70 authorizing free participation in OhioCheckBook.com. Motion by Parker. Second by Richter. Five nayes. Resolution 2015-12-70 did not pass.
Second Reading Ordinance 2018-8-19 Annexation from Jackson Township 2.04 acres, Gagel Property. Motion by Richter. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Second Reading Resolution 2018-8-5 Accept Local Government funds and rates set by Auglaize County Budget Commission, $71,435.94. Motion by Larger. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Second Reading Ordinance 2018-8-20 Ammend 2018 appropriation for Front Eastmoor Drive Reconstruction. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Parker. Five ayes.
Second Reading Ordinance 2018-8-21 Adopting American Legal Code of Ordinances for the Municipality of New Bremen. Motion by Burnell. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Second Reading Resolution 2018-8-6 Submit OPWC Application for Franklin and Ash Street Reconstruction Project. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Richter. Four ayes. Burnell abstained.
Second Reading Ordinance 2018-8-22 Purchase Dump Truck from Rush Truck Centers at a cost of $101,190. Motion by Parker. Second by Larger. Five ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2018-8-17 Accept annexation from German Township for 22.719 acres of land. Motion by Larger. Second by Richter. Five ayes.
Third Reading Ordinance 2018-8-18 Accept annexation from German Township Lot 1 and Lot 2 of Dicke Subdivision. Motion by Richter. Second by Larger. Five ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 7:01 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.