Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Condon, Larger, Wuebker, Burnell, Elshoff and Lomakin. Also, present were Fiscal Officer Speelman, Chief Skinner, Village Administrator Richter and Solicitor This. Mayor Parker was absent.
President of Council Larger presided over meeting.
Visitors attending were Jean McCollum from Evening Leader and Sandy Schwieterman from Sidney Daily News.
Minutes from the August 22, 2022 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Condon. Second by Wuebker. Six ayes.
Adding one additional item to tonight’s agenda. Emergency Resolution 2022-09-11 Necessity for curb repairs on State Route 274.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Councilman Larger announced fines, fees and forfeitures for August are $3,165.00.
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- The North and South Water Towers and Reaction tank will be inspected and cleaned in October.
- Bremenfest Park new sign is installed. Laser leveling at Diamond 1 is complete.
- Five new trees were moved to Komminsk Legacy Park, 3 maple trees and 2 oak trees.
- Jefferson St change order for $40,983.60 includes curb and gutter replacement on SR 274, removal of old water line and fire system that was discovered during construction. Curbs on Jefferson St are scheduled to be poured September 15.
- ODOT is scheduled to pave SR 274 in 2024. Village is planning to replace curbs and gutters in 2023. Engineers estimate is $385,000. Letters will be sent to residents effected by the curb assessment.
- New water line from Herman St to North Water Tower project, engineering estimate is $435,000. Plan to advertise in 2022 and award in 2023.
- Planning Commission approved final plat of Plum St Subdivision at meeting on August 25, 2022.
Cider Time and Trick or Treat is scheduled for Sunday, October 30, 2022. The Cider Time parade will line up at 1pm, in parking lot behind 17 West. The parade will begin at 1:30pm. Trick or Treat will follow from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
Planning Commission approved the plat for Plum St Subdivision, located on the old high school baseball and football field. The plat consists of 21 lots and a new street, Margaret Street. All driveway approaches will be on Plum St or Margaret St.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-09-24 Accept Plum St Subdivision plat, street and easements.
Residents at 9 Vine St, parcel C10-011-012-00 are requesting fence variance for swimming pool. The current wrought iron fence is 4 ½ ft., requirement is 5 ft. Current fence height cannot be extended and meets the intent to keep people out.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-09-25 Fence variance parcel C10-011-012-00, 9 Vine St.
Received from Auglaize County Budget Commission amounts for next year’s property tax of $214,967and levy of $175,826.
Burnell made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Elshoff. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Resolution 2022-09-10 Accept Property Tax approved by Budget Commission and estimated tax rates. Motion by Elshoff. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Komminsk Property farm lease bid opening for 2023 was on Sept 9, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. One bid was received, Topp Farms LLC at $47,250.
First Reading Ordinance 2022-09-26 Contract lease of Komminsk Farm land for 2023.
Village is planning to replace curbs and gutters in 2023 on portions of SR 274. ODOT is scheduled to pave in 2024. Engineers estimate is $385,000.
Wuebker made motion to suspend the rule. Second by Elshoff. Six ayes. Declaring Emergency Resolution 2022-09-11 Necessity for curb, gutter and some sidewalk repairs on State Route 274. Motion by Lomakin. Second by Elshoff. Six ayes.
With the proposed new subdivision on Plum St., the village is planning for a street reconstruction which will include new lines for water, sewer, storm water, curb and gutter. Application must be submitted to Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement Program by October 2022. Projects will be awarded May 2023 with funds available July 2023.
Third Reading Resolution 2022-08-08 Authorizing the Village Administrator to prepare and submit application to Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement Program for Plum St, Park St and Eastmoor Dr Reconstruction. Motion by Burnell. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Homeowners at 714 Franklin St noticed their deed contained a vacated street. A portion of Kunning St was previously vacated. The remaining portion is grass and serves no street access. Requesting the village to vacate the remaining portion of Kunning St.
Third Reading Ordinance 2022-08-23 Vacate Kunning St running east and west from Franklin St to alley at east line of Lots 6 and 7 Highland addition. Motion by Elshoff. Second by Condon. Six ayes.
Wuebker made a motion to adjourn at 6:51 p.m. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.