Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Kronenberger, Larger, Lomakin, Wuebker and Kuck. Also, present were Mayor Parker, Solicitor This, Fiscal Officer Speelman, Village Administrator Richter and Chief Skinner.
Visitors attending were Erin Gardner from Daily Standard and Dan Condon.
Minutes from the September 13, 2021 regular meeting were approved. Motion by Larger. Second by Wuebker. Five ayes. Kuck abstained.
Larger made a motion to approve total expenditures for September in the amount of $1,337,723.07 and total receipts for August were $1,447,877.30; noted Finance committee reviewed bank reconciliations for August. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.
Mayor Parker’s Report:
- Congratulations to Pumpkinfest for a successful weekend!
- Christmas Tree Lighting will be Nov 29 at 6:30p.m.
- Sculptures from Dianne Komminsk property, created by artist Bret Price, will be displayed at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park in Hamilton on Oct 2 from 2-4pm
Village Administrator Richter Report:
- Splash pad will be closing for the season on Friday, Oct 1.
- Leaf pickup will begin Oct 7 or when leaves begin to fall.
- Buehler Asphalt Paving Inc was delayed due to rain. Will continue paving later this week.
- Fire Station driveway replacement started Sept 23.
- Water Plant SCADA Wi-Fi remote modules online and operational.
- Waste Water Plant Ohio EPA Draft 5 year permit – Met with EPA on 8/26/2021. EPA will update draft permit and issue another 30-day comment period before the permit will become final.
- Illinois Gov. Pritzker signed into law on Sept 15, 2021 requiring municipal coal to be 100% carbon free by Dec 31, 2045. This includes Prairie State.
- Jefferson St Reconstruction (OPWC project) will advertise bids on Oct 28, 2021 with bid opening Nov 18, 2021. Construction to begin spring of 2022.
State Route 274 is scheduled for paving in summer 2024 with ODOT. Prior to 2024 curb, gutters and waterline will be replaced. There will be no assessments due to being a repair project and not a complete reconstruction, sidewalks will not be replaced. Will apply for OPWC grant funds.
Kronenberger made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Lomakin. Declaring Emergency Resolution 2021-09-13 Submit application to OPWC for State Route 274 Capital Improvements. Motion by Kuck. Second by Larger. Six ayes.
Board of County Commissioners approved annexing 9.15 acres currently in German Township. Properties are located between Minster Bank and Dollar General on State Route 66.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-09-22 Annexing property in German Township; Craig Schnelle, Patricia Sharp and Susan Wissman, containing 9.15 acres.
Komminsk Property farm lease bid opening for year 2022 was on Sept 20, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Four bids were received. Highest bid was Topp Farms LLC at $42,250.
First Reading Ordinance 2021-09-23 Contract lease of Komminsk Farm land for 2022
An out of state officer moved to New Bremen who is interested in joining the police department. To get credit for out of state training, Ohio requires officer to be sworn onto a department prior to determining training requirements. Establishing an auxiliary police unit creates a position while going through training and passing state test. Auxiliary is not a paid position.
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Lomakin. Declaring Emergency Ordinance 2021-09-24 Creation of Auxiliary Police Unit. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Lomakin. Six ayes.
Mescher Properties LLC has petitioned a setback variance on Lot 10 in Bunker Hill Industrial Park from 75 ft. to 50 ft. to allow for a larger turn around area. A Planning Commission hearing was held on August 19. Neighboring property owners were in favor of allowing the variance.
Third Reading Ordinance 2021-08-21 Allow setback variance Mescher Properties LLC for Lot 10 Bunker Hill Industrial Park. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Burnell. Six ayes.
Larger made a motion to adjourn at 6:54 p.m. Second by Kronenberger. Six ayes.